Reading Habits Bookish Tag
So I was looking for fun things to write about and I stumbled across the Reading Habits Bookish Tag on Jenn’s blog, I thought it would be a lot of fun! So hear we go! (Tag created by TheBookJazz.)
1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I read anywhere I can get away with it, often in bed or sitting on the couch. Not just at home though, I do a huge amount of reading at work. I’m a sales assistant and I work alone so I have a lot of spare time to read when I’m there.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Literally anything I can get my hands on honestly. If I buy a new piece of clothing and it has a cute tag then I’ll use that but I do love to collect bookmarks. Right now I’m using a photo strip of me and my mother from a friend’s wedding.
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages?
I normally try and set a target for reading though it’s never set on chapters, as long as I get to the end of a paragraph then I’m ok.
4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
I do like to read with a cup of coffee or tea, always happy to be very cozy.
5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
I love listening to music while reading, I often try and find music that fits with the mood of the book. But I can’t watch TV while reading, I get too easily distracted.
6. One book at a time or several at once?
One book at a time. I have the worst memory in the world, often losing track of characters and stories very easily so trying to keep up with two or three books at once would be impossible!
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
As I said in question one I read at work a lot but I’m happy to read anywhere.
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Sometimes I read out loud but only when I’m alone and very rarely.
9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
Ok so confession time, I sometimes go to the last page and read the last line. I know, I’m the worst human! Other then that I never read ahead or skip.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
Always break the spine, I love the look of a well read book that’s been a little damaged. It means it’s a loved book.
11. Do you write in your books?
I do, yeah. I guess this goes back to the little damage. I also use the back of the front cover to write lists of characters and important points because of my memory as I mentioned before.
1. When do you find yourself reading?
All the time, whenever I get the chance I’ll read. And when I’m not reading I’m thinking about reading.
2. What is your best setting to read in?
Oooh, good question. Probably curled up in a big blanket with some good music.
3. What do you do first – Read or Watch?
Either really, whatever I get the chance to do. I don’t really mind either way.
4. What form do you prefer? Audiobook, E-book or physical book?
Well my whole blog is based around supporting printed books so it would be pretty strange is I said E-book. But I have started to enjoy Audiobooks.
5. Do you have a unique habit when you read?
I often have to stop when something big or exciting happens in a book for 5 minutes to process. I don’t know if that’s unique but yep!
6. Do book series have to match?
This never used to bother me till I started doing Instagram stuff. But now it’s all about aesthetics!
That was a lot of fun and I hope it helped you guys get to know me better!
Check out my last blog post here where I talk about Confessions of a bookseller by Shaun Bythell and maybe consider subscribing to my newsletter on the right.