So I thought I would do the festive Christmas book tag as a way to kind of break up all the other posts I’ve been doing lately. It’s something fun and a bit more relaxed. This tag was created by booktuber GirlReading and I found it on jenniely’s blog. So here we go!
1. A fictional family you would like to spend Christmas dinner with?
Probably the Holmes family. I love Sherlock Holmes so much and his brother, Mycroft, so I think it would make for a really good and awkward Christmas dinner.
2. A bookish item you would like to receive as a gift?
So if we’re talking fictional I would say the VFD sugar bowl from Series of Unfortunate events, I just need to know what’s in that bowl! But if we’re talking about something I could actually own I would say some nice bookish jewelry.
3. A fictional character you think would make a perfect Christmas elf?
Oooh this is such a hard one but maybe Harkat from the Saga of Darren Shan would be a good choice. He’s cute elf sized and I would love to see him in an elf hat!
4. Match a book to it’s perfect Christmas song.
This is another hard one! I would say Three Things You Need To Know About Rockets matches reasonably well with Driving Home For Christmas. If you’ve read the book you’ll get it.
5. Bah Humbug. A book or fictional character you’ve been disappointed in and should be put on the naughty list?
Angus Cauldhame from the Wasp Factory. It’s so hard to explain this character if you haven’t read the book, the book is one big… experience, but if you know you know.
6. A book or a fictional character you think deserves more love and appreciation and deserve to be put on the nice list?
Reth from Paranormalcy. I know he’s technically meant to be a bad guy but I do love him and I think he needs a little more love. Though I know loads of people won’t agree.
7. Red, Gold and Green. A book cover that has a wonderfully christmassy feel to it.
Favourite Christmas Stories is a book I’ve talked about on here many times over the Christmas period because it’s a book I treasure. When I look at it I just feel hugely christmassy.
8. A book or series you love so much, you want everyone to find under their Christmas tree this year so they can read it and love it too?
Ohh, there are so many books to pick from! I’ll go for Diary Of A Bookseller. I mean everyone knows how much I love this book so that isn’t a shock. This is a wonderful book to read while ignoring your family.
This was a lot of fun and I really recommend you do! Have you read any of the books I mentioned? Or do you have another answer?
Find your local independent bookshop at https://www.booksellers.org.uk/
Or on Abebooks here
Or even in your local library that can be found here
Check out my last blog post here where I talk about good books for secret Santa and maybe consider subscribing to my newsletter on the right.